Directions to Blue School
Blue School is located at 241 Water Street between Beekman Street and Peck Slip in the South Street Seaport neighborhood of Downtown NYC.
Our school is easily accessible by the 2/3/A/C/4/5/J/Z trains to Fulton Street, the 6 train to Brooklyn Bridge and the E train to World Trade Center. Many of our Brooklyn families also travel by the East River Ferry to Wall Street Pier 11.
Are you a family interested in visiting Blue School?
Tours are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 am & 10:30 am. Tours will last one hour with Director of Admissions, Dawn Williams.
For 5th, 6th & 7th grade tours, please contact Dawn in the Admissions Office at 212.228.6341 X110 to schedule a family tour.
For families interested in 2016 - 2017 admissions, please contact the Admissions Office at 212.228.6341 X110.
Fall 2016 OPEN HOUSES
Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm:
- November 2
- November 30
TOURS FOR EDUCATORS
We host tours for educators on several dates during the school year, October through May.
Fall/Winter 2016 Educator Tours are scheduled for Wednesdays from 9:30 am - 10:30 am. :
- November 2
- December 7
- January 11, 2017
During our educator tour, you can expect:
- a half hour for meeting, background and history of school and framing Q&A
- an hour of tour
- availability for brief questions and follow-up after the tour (roughly 15 minutes)
An Educator Tour of Blue School is good for you if you are:
- Educators wondering about Blue School for your students
- A Pre-school director, admission or placement professional
- Curious about Reggio inspired early childhood programs in NYC
- Curious about documentation and its uses in pre-primary, primary
- Curious about integrated STEAM programs
- Thinking about the balance of Academic Mastery, Self and Social Intelligence, and Creative Thinking-- and how that shows up in a school
- Wanting the experience of seeing the school in action, witnessing the work of the children and teachers together in the classroom
- Interested in a materials based program for 2s and what materials work can look like in a preprimary setting
- Wanting to see deep rich project work in primary and preprimary classrooms
- Interested in assessment and the role of documentation and portfolio work
- Interested in seeing how Math, Science and Literacy is integrated in an inquiry-based setting
- Interested in integrated studio art, music, movement, STEAM, drama, etc.
To inquire about additional educator tour dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue School welcomes families from diverse backgrounds who support our mission, educational philosophy, approach, and values. Blue School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender identity, gender expression, religion, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, and family structure to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender identity, gender expression, religion, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation or family structure in the administration of its educational or admissions policies or other programs.