FAQs: Spring Fling
What is Spring Fling?
The purpose of Spring Fling is for the Blue School community to come together in a festive and creative environment to raise funds that are allocated to the general operating budget of Blue School (staff salaries, tuition assistance, building maintenance, and educational materials). The benefit is integral to our fundraising efforts and we encourage the entire Blue School community to attend.
Who is our audience?
Blue School parents, faculty, staff, grandparents, alumni parents, local businesses, philanthropists, and professionals dedicated to Blue School's mission. Students are not invited to the event.
What's the difference between Spring Fling and the Annual Fund appeal?
Like the Annual Fund, money raised from Spring Fling goes to the Blue School operating budget. When reporting participation levels, annual appeal donations are separated from fundraising event donations.
Which ticket option is right for me?
General admission tickets cover only the expense of attending, so we encourage you to buy the highest level ticket that is right for your family. HIgher level tickets and packages provide incentives for philanthropists and outside businesses to offer more support.
2014-2015 Spring Fling Road Map
- September and October: Volunteer committees are formed
- November: Event planning begins, venue is chosen
- December: Planning continues
- January: Ramp-up for auction item solicitation**
- February through April: Tickets are on sale, classes place event program ads, auction item solicitation continues, collection for teacher tickets
- Mid-April: Spring Fling online auction goes live**
- April 29, 2015: Silent Auction & Student Dance Party at Blue School
- April 30, 2015: Spring Fling!
**Please note: This year, we will be soliciting auction items throughout the school year for auction through Charitybuzz.