The Blue School Families Association provides parents with their own organization within Blue School to foster community and support the school in its mission. Blue School was founded by a group of families that wanted to create a school for families in their community and beyond. In that same spirit, the Blue School Family Association was formed as a vital partner to the School community.
Our mission is to:
- Support the educational mission and objectives of the School
- Strengthen the connection between home and school to assist parents in their goal in being an active participant in the education of their children in our community and beyond.
- Build a strong community among families
- Facilitate communication between all members of the community
- Encourage volunteerism that supports the School’s goals and initiatives
- Foster a deeper understanding of the research and philosophy that informs the educational framework of Blue School.
Families Association Dues
Dues minimize asks from parents during the year. Dues incorporate annual holiday gifts for teachers and staff and teacher appreciation week. Dues also cover basic expenses for FA sponsored events (including Fall Fair, Book Fair and the Variety Show). This year, the Families Association will be collecting dues for each student at $115. Invoices for dues will be sent in September.
For the first time you will be able to pay your dues by credit card! CLICK the button below to pay dues now!
Interested in getting involved at Blue School?
Some ways to get involved over the school year:
Lobby Encouragement Team, click here
- Spring Fling, Thursday, April 14, 2016
*To volunteer please contact: FAeventsVP@blueschool.org
The FA documents below provide an overview of our goals, description & organization to impart information about our ongoing mission and efforts.
Natasha James, Co-President
Kira Wizner, Co-President
Mark Graham, Treasurer
Beth Rogers, VP of Class Parents
Jennifer Rapoport, Vice-President, Events & Volunteer Coordinator
Lora Appleton, VP of Communications
Nele Husmann, VP of Parent Education
Amanda Gelber, VP Pre-Primary Programs
Ilaria Woodward and Mo Paolini, Co-Chairs, Community Service Committee
Alexandra de Cunha, VP of Photos + Video
Click on this link to submit Families Association expenses