Careers at Blue School
Thank you for your interest in Blue School! We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Please see below for more information and to apply. If you would like to be considered for future open positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you.
Div/Dept: Operations | Reports to: Facilities Manager | Status: Full-time
The Porter has working knowledge of building security and systems and ensures the building is suitable and safe for occupancy on a daily basis. The Porter supports the Facilities Manager in coordinating the daily running and upkeep of the facility. This includes classroom maintenance, program support, overall cleanliness and minor repairs. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Uphold the values of the school and ensure all work supports the mission of the school
- Responsibilities as a key member of the Operations Team:
- Partner with temporary and/or part-time maintenance staff
- Maintenance, daily cleaning, trash and recycling removal, set up and tear down for events, lunch set up and tear down, front lobby coverage
- Program support related to classroom/education space projects including moving furniture and other large objects as related to the daily life of an education institution
- Assist community with lifting of strollers and organizing scooters for arrival and dismissal times
- Use best judgment and alerts the correct parties in emergency situations
- Flexibility in schedules related to weekend work, special projects and events, etc
- Attend weekly team meetings, ability to report information accurately and in a timely fashion
The physical requirements of this position are those needed to successfully fulfill the job duties and responsibilities listed above. As prescribed by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Additional items as reasonably related to this role.
- A good decision maker and problem solver, can demonstrate a sense of urgency and act responsively
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and work graciously in a fast paced environment
- 1-3 years in a similar function preferred
- Excellent cleaning skills and a thorough knowledge of cleaning products and equipment a must
- Working knowledge of building systems (i.e. HVAC, Fire Alarm, Security Alarm, Electrical, plumbing, etc) a plus
- Educational facility experience is a big plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line of the email.