Applying to Blue School
Thank you for your interest in Blue School. Our admissions process begins in the fall prior to your desired year of attendance. Please note that children must reach program age requirements by September 1st of the program year for which they are applying. For example, your child must be four years old by September 1st, 2014 to apply for the 2014-2015 4s program. Learn more about Blue School program schedules and age requirements.
Applications for the 2014-2015 school year are now available online! We accept applications to our 2s through 5th grade programs. Schedule a tour of Blue School.
If you are interested in applying for 2013-2014, please contact our Admissions Team directly at 212 228 6341 x110.
How to Apply:
1. Submit an application online. All applications must include a photograph of your family and a $80.00 processing fee, which is payable by credit or eCheck.
2. RSVP for an Open House, where you will have an opportunity to hear from our leadership team and tour Blue School. (Our last open house of the fall was on November 12th. Please schedule a tour here.)
3. Prepare your child’s current school reports and/or transcript. Forms may be submitted with your online application.
4. Attend a tour while school is in session (sign up here), child playgroup/student visit and parent interview. Once we have received your application, family photo and $80.00 processing fee, the admissions team will contact you to schedule appropriate visits.
- A parent/guardian of each 2s and 3s applicant will participate with their child in the playgroup.
- 4s and Kindergarten applicants will attend a playgroup with other children of the same age while parents/guardians are nearby.
- 1st through 5th grade applicants will attend an individual student visit.
5. Receive your notification. Blue School admissions notification letters follow the ISAAGNY timeline:
- 2s through 4s program letters are mailed February 27th, 2014.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade letters are mailed February 7th, 2014.
- 2nd grade through 5th grade letters are mailed February 4th, 2014.
If you would to receive more information about Blue School, please contact us directly at 212 228 6341 x110 or submit an online inquiry.
Blue School welcomes families from diverse backgrounds who support our mission, educational philosophy and approach, including our Values and Philosophy. Blue School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational or admissions policies or other programs.