Announcing Blue School Middle School!
We are thrilled to announce that Blue School's Board of Trustees has committed to growing a Blue School Middle School! Beginning with a 6th grade in fall of 2015, we will add one grade per year through 8th grade. Blue School’s middle school will be a natural outgrowth of the bold questions, deep relationships, and creative problem-solving nurtured in our pre-primary and primary programs. In the upper grades, students will encounter challenging coursework worthy of their intellectual curiosity, and respond by applying the powerful imaginations and solid academic skills they’ve cultivated in the younger years.
Applying to Blue School
Thank you for your interest in Blue School. Our admissions process begins in the fall prior to your desired year of attendance. Please note that children must reach program age requirements by September 1st of the program year for which they are applying. For example, your child must be four years old by September 1st, 2014 to apply for the 2014-2015 4s program. Learn more about Blue School program schedules and age requirements.
Applications for the 2014-2015 school year are now available online! We accept applications to our 2s through 5th grade programs. Applications for the 2015-16 school year will be available on August 15, 2014.
If you are interested in applying for 2013-2014, please contact our Admissions Team directly at 212 228 6341 x110.
How to Apply
1. Submit an application online. All applications must include a photograph of your family and a $80.00 processing fee, which is payable by credit or eCheck.
2. Attend an Open House, where you will have an opportunity to hear from our leadership team and tour Blue School.
3. Prepare your child’s current school reports and/or transcript. Forms may be submitted with your online application.
4. Attend a tour while school is in session (sign up here), child playgroup/student visit and parent interview. Once we have received your application, family photo and $80.00 processing fee, the admissions team will contact you to schedule appropriate visits.
- A parent/guardian of each 2s and 3s applicant will participate with their child in the playgroup.
- 4s and Kindergarten applicants will attend a playgroup with other children of the same age while parents/guardians are nearby.
- 1st through 5th grade applicants will attend an individual student visit.
5. Receive your notification. Blue School admissions notification letters follow the ISAAGNY timeline:
If you would to receive more information about Blue School, please contact us directly at 212 228 6341 x110.
Blue School welcomes families from diverse backgrounds who support our mission, educational philosophy and approach, including our Values and Philosophy. Blue School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to its students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational or admissions policies or other programs.