Middle School (Grades 6-7) Admissions Checklist
Our admissions season has ended for the 2016 school year. For questions about admissions for Fall 2016, please contact:
Dawn Williams, Director of Admissions at 212 228 6341 x110 or email@example.com
- Contact Dawn Williams, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a family tour.
- Complete an online application. The application fee is $100.
- Submit student essay question to email@example.com.
- After your application has been processed, we will contact you to schedule a family visit. The family visit will include:
- A family tour (if you've not yet toured)
- Parent interview
- Student discussion
- Student onsite writing and math assignment (Please note: students may be asked to attend a second visit in a classroom)
- Applicant should bring a project/piece that they created at school to discuss with us during their visit. If available, please bring teacher feedback or rubric that was provided with this project. Students will take their project home with them at the end of the visit. An additional piece from home is welcome as well, if the applicant chooses.
- Submit transcript release to your current school. All transcripts, grades and other supplemental information are due by January 15, 2017.
- Distribute teacher evaluation to two of your child's teachers (one core content and one teacher of choice)
- In addition, applicants for grade 6 and 7 are required to take the ISEE entrance examination administered by the Educational Records Bureau (ERB). The ERB code for Blue School is: 336648. Blue School needs to receive test results by January 15, 2017.
*Middle School tours, conversations and interviews take place at Blue School: 241 Water Street, New York, NY 10038
**Submit Tuition Assistance Application, if applicable, by December 15, 2016. Tuition Assistance is available for eligible families from kindergarten through grade 8. Please read this Tuition Assistance information.